Sunday, February 22, 2009

In Defense of Hugh Jackman


I'm in the midst of watching the Oscars and really enjoying all the art deco inspired decor and the talented performances of Hugh Jackman, Beyonce and others. I noticed that people are already mocking Hugh Jackman's performance on the internet and don't know why.

Hugh Jackman is talented much in the way of old Hollywood leading men like Cary Grant. He is the perfect romantic lead and doesn't seem to have the same smarmy attitude of actors like George Clooney. My husband and I really enjoyed him in Baz Luhrman's "Australia" and "The Prestige" from a few years ago. I wish he would get more roles like those more so than "Wolverine" which is a movie genre I just don't relate to.

Hugh's performance tonight should have garnered him more respect from the general public, not less!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I didn't watch the whole show, but I thought Hugh did a very nice job.