Monday, May 04, 2009

Edith Mangum suddenly realizes that after years and years of analysis with Dr. Edwin Osborne Ayscue, she is exactly the same person as when she starte


This is one of those paintings where the title came first. The other day I was having a hard time getting organized enough to get started on a new painting and pondered whether or not I should start "journaling" again. Then I thought about the 12 years worth of journals I burned before our last move because when I started to re-read them, they were all the same complaints on different days. Alas, we seem destined to remain whoever it is we were meant to be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny! Years ago I put all of my old journals through a shredder... great minds..

I hope Edith doesn't replace Dr. Edwin with a journal, she may end up disappointed with that result too!

We Blog Artists said...

Such a great analogy...I love that!
We are who we are...no matter how we believe we could turn out...if only we try!
Fabulous drawing/illustration.I very much enjoy visiting your blog...thanks.
Char.

Christina said...

This is great. I did the same thing! I still wonder if I'll regret it in the case that I need to comb through my memories for inspiration or memoirs materials, but at the time, I couldn't stand to read another word of the movies, crushes, and insecurities.

I found your blog through artistswhoblog. Cheers on a good interview and delightful paintings.

vivienne strauss said...

thank you Char & Christina! So glad I'm not the only one :)